Strawberry Salad. Mmmmmmm. Even the pickiest eaters will dive in. We're all shedding layers of clothing, shedding bad moods of darker days, and gaining the vitality of the season. Curry Girls Kitchen embraces the moment for this enticing Strawberry Pecan Mixed Greens Salad With Sherry Chive Vinaigrette. The freshest produce from the garden, tangy vinaigrette, sumptuous feta cheese, toasted pecans—it is a recipe for clean plates!
Serving Size: 3-4
- 1 box/bag Organic mixed baby greens and fresh herbs, OR another mixed green salad mix, spinach, or arugula
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup toasted pecans*
- ¼ cup crumbled goat or sheep feta
- ½ cup sliced red ripe strawberries
- ¼ cup freshly minced chives
- ½-1 avocado diced (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sherry Chive Vinaigrette
- (You will have some left over)
- 2 tbl minced shallot
- 1 tbl Dijon mustard
- 1 tbl maple syrup
- 2 tbl Sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tbl minced chives
- *Toast pecans in a heated dry skillet with a pinch of salt until nicely browned.
- Lightly toss salad greens with sherry vinaigrette. Sprinkle strawberries, pecans, feta, red onion, avocado, and chives over dressed greens. Serve with a crusty baguette, and enjoy!