Mac & Cheese—it is pretty much at the very top of every list of comfort food. Ooey, gooey, melty, creamy...we form a love affair early on in childhood and it never goes away. Take away the traditional dairy-based cheese, and the expected gluten-based pasta, and what's left? Well, team up with kitchen champs The Curry Girls, and what's left is this delectably rich, smooth, delicious...
Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 Package gluten-free, brown rice elbow macaroni
- 1 Package cheddar Daiya shreds
- 2-4 Tbl olive oil or melt alternative butter
- ½-1 Cup hemp milk
- ½ -1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Cook gluten-free brown rice pasta for 7 minutes. (secret to perfect G-F pasta: boil water, add pasta, bring back to boil, THEN time for seven minutes, drain. Works every time)
- Drain pasta and put back into the pot.
- Add olive oil or melt alternative butter
- Add entire package of Daiya cheddar shreds
- Add ½ Cup hemp milk (Add a little more milk at a time to form a creamier sauce, if desired)
- GENTLY fold and stir to blend. With the Vegan cheese it takes a little longer to melt, but it will! It gets nice and cheesy!
- Salt to taste.
There are also Vegan Parmesan cheeses that are fun to add to your Mac & Cheese!