A savory muffin made with coconut flour, keeping it low in carbs, gluten-free, and high in fiber. The flavor combination of tomato, basil, and Parmesan cheese makes this a delicious breakfast or anytime snack.
1/4 Cup butter melted
1/4 Cup water
1/3 Cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 Cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, water, pepper, and salt and combine well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the grated Parmesan, tomatoes, and basil and mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spoon the mixture into them. Sprinkle on some grated cheese if you wish (either Parmesan or Cheddar works well)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!