Sweet Potato Nachos
Serves 2-3 (easily doubled or tripled for parties)
It won't matter what the festive occasion is, if snacks are in order, these addictive nachos are the answer. Replace oily fried chips with healthy baked rounds of sweet potato, and watch the plate empty in no time!
1 large sweet potato, rinsed and sliced in rounds
¾ Cup of shredded cheese ~ we used 3 types of goat cheese: Cypress Midnight Moon, Istara Petit Basque, Norseland – Snofrisk Goat Wheel
1 small zucchini, shredded
1 fresh ear of corn, kernels cut off cob
½ avocado, sliced
1-2 Tbsp cilantro, rough chopped
Dash of sweet paprika
Dash of chili flakes or powder blend
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Slice sweet potato into thin rounds.
- Bake sweet potatoes on baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and flip potatoes.
- Next top with goods:
– Start with thin layer of cheese and dash of sweet paprika
– Top with zucchini and corn
– Layer avocado slices on top and then sprinkle cilantro
– Finish with remaining cheese and chili flakes
6. Put back in oven and bake at 425° for 10-15 more minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy, and get ready to make more!