Here's a fantastic summer recipe: When the carb police are banging on your door because you dared to look sideward at a white potato, don't surrender entirely. Stand up in dietary civil resistance with this cauliflower-based, delicious alternative. It's a welcome guest at any picnic or barbecue!
- 1 Head Cauliflower (rough chopped)
- 1/2 Cup chopped chives and/or red onion
- 1/2 Cup minced fresh Dill
- 1/2 Cup diced Green Spring Onions
- 4 Stalks celery, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cooled and diced
- 1 Cup Vegenaise, Garlic Aioli, or Mayo
- ½ -1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- Blanch cauliflower for 3 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water or cool in an ice bath for 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Add seasonings.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. Can be made and refrigerated well in advance, as flavors will meld better with time (even better the next day, like all great leftovers!)