Curry Girls Homemade Granola
Start your day out right with a satisfying meal that won't slow you down and sends you out the door knowing you've begun in a great way.
Makes 6 Cups or more (Dairy Free & Vegan options)
3½ Cups Rolled Oats, gluten-free (not quick)
½ Cup coconut flour
¼ Cup hazelnut flour, almond flour, or more coconut flour
¼ Cup coarse ground flax, OR 2 Tbsp fresh (optional)
¼ Cup whole chia seeds, OR 2 Tbsp whole, then freshly ground (optional)
1-2 Cups shredded coconut
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of Celtic salt
2 Cups total chopped nuts and seeds: We like to add the following…
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- ¼ Cup hazelnuts (walnuts and cashews other options)
- ½ Cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ Cup pumpkin seeds
- Optional: ½ Cup hemp seeds
Other nuts, seeds, and dried fruit options are; cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts, or sesame seeds; raisins, cranberries, dried blueberries, mulberries, apricots.
**NOTE: Stir in dried fruit once granola has cooled and is ready for storage.
3-5 heaping Tbsp honey (agave, brown rice syrup, coconut nectar, or brown sugar are all good substitutes if desired)
3-5 heaping Tbsp pure maple syrup
½ Cup coconut oil or butter (Vegan option~ use Earth Balance buttery sticks)
1-2 Tbsp vanilla
Method: Putting it all together.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt all wet ingredients together in saucepan on low burner.
- Add melted ingredients to dry and stir thoroughly.
- Place on parchment lined jellyroll pan, (a cookie sheet with sides).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until browned. Check at 20 minutes so not to burn. No need to turn.
- Granola will harden as it cools. Let cool completely before transferring into a large glass container with an airtight lid.