Hey, privacy’s important right? Since being transparent, open and honest are some of our
core values, we're upfront about what’s going on about user privacy and data. The long “Collection of Information” policy below explains how we might use your information to make the money that sustains the evox ecosystem of vendors, sponsors, employees, and community who are working together to make the world a healthier, happier place.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Similar to other web the evox websites utilize a standard technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information on how our site is used. A cookie is a very small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the evox website. For example, when someone visits a page within the website, a cookie is placed on the user's machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the website previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to the evox Websites. Some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. While they are harmless, they may contain Demographic Information (defined below) and depending on your browser these cookies may not normally be deleted when your cookies are deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted. This technology allows us to determine the number of people who visit the website and which parts of the site are most popular so that we can gather feedback in order to improve the evox Website and better serve our users. Information gathered through cookies may include, but is not limited to, the date and time of
visits, the pages viewed, and time spent on the evox Website. Personally identifiable information is not stored in these cookies.
The evox Website also collects personal information on an individual basis that you knowingly choose to disclose and provide when becoming a member or when registering for certain services, e-mail newsletters and alerts, or purchase education courses
or other material through our site. This data collection can include such personally identifiable information as name, profession, company name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and credit card information. You may also provide additional comments via email on how you see evox meeting your needs and interests. IF you choose to
￼correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
BLOGS and OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
If you use blogs on the evox Website, any personally identifiable information you submit may be read, collected, or used by other users in this forum. evox is not responsible for personally identifiable information you choose to submit in the blogs. evox reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any posts that violate the Terms and Conditions or are otherwise considered inappropriate in content or tone and to block the user from submitting any future posts.
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also occasionally also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, and/or new services or vendors you may find valuable.
￼We may retain your personal information for administrative, billing, reporting,
and analytic purposes. We will not share or sell your information unless you affirmatively opt in to such information sharing. You have the opportunity to opt in or opt out of these specific types of communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
From time to time, we may need to send critical service updates from the Website. You may not opt out of receiving these critical service updates as long as you remain
a member. If you wish to change your preferences for receiving communications
from the evox Website, please contact us to change your preferences at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may review and update the personal information you have provided to us by contacting us.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
(1) To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers, or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personally identifiable information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration, or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
(2) To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain the evox Websites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on evox’ behalf, and entry collection, winner selection, and prize fulfillment for contests, and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not
use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third- party service providers that help us administer our Websites will have access to users' personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personally identifiable information to us.
(3) To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the evox Websites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address, and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to ￼complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
(4) To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of evox or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
(5) To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
(6) To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
(7) To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from the evox Websites. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION TRANSMISSIONS
evox follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information, such as credit card data, the information is encrypted using SSL encryption. Any pages with forms that collect sensitive information on our web site
will utilize this technology. However, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
E-mail is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private or sensitive information to us by email.
If you have any questions about security on our Website please contact us at email@example.com.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding evox' disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us:
EVOX OmniMedia, PBC 58 West Portal Ave #317 San Francisco CA, 91427
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement may occasionally be updated to reflect changes in our services. If there are material changes to this statement or in how evox will use your personal information, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes prior to implementing the change or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how evox is protecting your information.