On a weekend morning with a bit of chill in the air, aren't you so ready to tuck into a warm treat to start the day? This Blueberry Scone recipe from Curry Girls Kitchen will make you the most popular guest at a potluck brunch, or, if you're like us, you'll hide out at home and keep them all for yourself!
- 1 ¼ Cup almond flour or Gluten-Free Flour blend (we love Pamela’s)
- ¼ Cup millet flour or coconut flour
- ¼ Cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- ¼ Cup raw cane or coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ Cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ Cup fresh, wild frozen blueberries, or other frozen fruit chopped
- Sugar to sprinkle on top of scones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients well. Add wet and mix gently with a fork. Do not over-mix. Add blueberries or other fruit.
- Press dough into a pie plate to uniform thickness.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes depending on oven. Let whole pan cool on a rack for 5-10min.
- Cut into triangular wedges.
- Top with fresh cream, butter, jam, or eat as is… SO delicious!!